The Northwest Alliance for Responsible Media is committed to monitoring the influence of news
and entertainment media on our society, educating the community about this influence, and
working with media professionals to influence the industry to act responsibly in helping create a
thriving cultural environment for all.
We envision a community that:
- Understands the effect of media on our community and culture.
- Works with media to enhance the vitality and development of our community.
- Empowers youth and adults to become critical media consumers.
- Encourages media to act as responsible, effective stewards of this critical public trust.
Our goals include:
- Planning and developing effective ways to address media violence.
- Organizing and educating our community about media literacy and responsibility.